- This is a training course for those with no previous knowledge of the Salesforce backend. Though it is not necessary to understand the front end of the system to take this course, you will be a far better Sys Admin if you also understand the user experience.
- If you have never worked in Salesforce at all, it is advised that you round out your knowledge by taking our inexpensive Salesforce New User course here on TCOP
- Regardless of previous knowledge levels, all students will need access to an instance to do practice lessons within. Either a developer org or trial org will give you access to most functionality of the paid system.
NOTE: New material continues to be added to the course as the Salesforce platform continues to evolve.
In this course you will learn how to configure Salesforce (SFDC) to fulfill business needs, in preparation for well paying employment.
TCOP is a registered Salesforce consulting partner, and as such we design and implement the system for companies large and small, including non-profits. We are leading experts in the field, which you can see by simply Googling “Salesforce Training.”
As part of every Salesforce implementation, we train both users and at least one internal System Administrator (Sys Admin). This training course has effectively trained hundreds of new Sys Admins to take on real world duties upon which their companies depend, and has helped many attain certification by providing a strong foundation upon which they could build.
- Using step by step instruction, clearly demonstrated and explained, including the “gotchas” that send the unsuspecting in circles, this course will teach you how to customize Salesforce to meet the job requirements of a System Administrator.
- Practical hands-on exercises are included to make sure you know how to apply what you see to real world examples.
- This course provides the training you need for the only type of true job security there is, the securityof genuinely being the best at what you do.
You should plan on working on this course an hour a day for 3-4 weeks to effectively cover all the material. Going through the course a second time, simply watching the videos on the second pass, is also advised. Frequent exposure is key during the training period.
This course will help prepare you for the System Administrator certification track, unlike other Salesforce courses that purport to be “complete,” but which in fact focus on the Developer track and leave out a large portion of what is needed for a Sys Admin. Developer is a track that will not lead to either Sys Admin positions or highly paid consulting positions, and is only appropriate for those who intend to go on to become apex coders. This course is intended for people who never want to have to configure an API or deal with writing code syntax.
That said, there is no substitute for getting the most recent Salesforce supplied study guide (webpage linked to within the course) to actually study for the exam itself, just as when you were in school you had to supplement in class learning with extra study for end of semester exams.
Here is an email we received from a student about using this course to get her Sys Admin certification:
“I wanted to let you know that I successfully passed my admin 201 certification. I am looking forward to write my 401 exam as well… I know that certification will help me in securing a job. I highly recommended your course to my friends. Only because of your course and watching it several times and practice it several times, I was able to grasp knowledge. Thank you very much. Best, Padma”
Starting salaries for employed consultants in the industry are typically $40-60/hr, depending on your region, and independent consultants who sign their own clients often make several times those amounts. If you have had an interest in expanding your career options by adding a practical technology proficiency to your skill set, Salesforce System Administration is where many non-technical people find their opportunity. For those who have no interest in embarking upon a technology specialist career path, the SFDC Sys Admin skill set is also greatly in demand and in short supply in many non-technical positions and will make you an indispensable part of any work team.
Note: It is expected that you will have access to an instance of SFDC you can experiment and practice in within this course. Salesforce provides a free Developer org at:
Developer dot salesforce dot com/signup
— Note that you should use a personal email address as your username when signing up for a developer edition account, so that your work email address will remain available for your company instance username.
If your company does not have Salesforce yet, but is considering implementing it, get a free 30-day Trial org on the Salesforce website. You will then have the added benefit that work you do toward genuine goals during this course can be preserved for use by your company (unlike work saved in a developer org), possibly encouraging your employer to allow you to work on the course during your regular work day or even purchase the course for you.