The Service Operation (SO) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the principles, processes, operational activities and functions that enable organizations and individuals to successfully manage how their products and services perform. These activities can also help improve their IT Service Management.
The SO module focuses on the coordination and execution of activities that enable the ongoing management and operation of the products or services developed or implemented during the service strategy, design and transition phases of the IT Service Lifecycle as well as any technology and support resources that are used to deliver them.
The course covers management and control of activities and techniques that are documented in the ITIL Service Operation publication, but it does not provide the full detail of each supporting process.
Understanding of Service Operation best practice enables organizations and IT teams to effectively sustain and maintain the products and services they develop and ensure that they provide efficient resources for their users.
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, co-ordination and integration of operation activities within the service lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service operation stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.