Cloud Computing Foundation Training
Cloud computing is the term given to the availability of IT resources usually supplied by an external 3rd party service provider and accessed using the Internet. The ‘Cloud’ itself is a virtualisation of resources – networks, servers, applications, data storage and services – to which the end user has constant on-demand access. These resources can be provided with minimal user management or service provider interaction.
The Cloud Computing Foundation training course delivers a comprehensive introduction to the deployment and support of Cloud IT resources AND a recognised industry standard certification awarded by EXIN.
Essential training for Cloud Computing professionals
The two-day Cloud Computing Foundation course is designed for anyone in an organisation who is researching, planning or supporting an implementation of Cloud computing. It is particularly suited for IT Managers who are responsible for the delivery of Cloud services and IT Directors who need to understand and evaluate the business case and performance of Cloud resources.
Cloud Computing Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role or having an interest in the use and management of internet based IT services. This includes staff from internal and external service providers, their customers, and their managers.
Achieve EXIN Certification
This course is based on the EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation syllabus and prepares delegates for the EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation examination which is taken at the end of the second day. Successful candidates will be awarded the EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation Certificate. For the full details of the learning requirements for this examination, please see the EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation Preparation Guide.
Understand Cloud Computing
- The concept and evolution of Cloud computing
- Cloud computing architectures including SOA, Tiered, Multi and Datacentre
- Benefits and limitations of Cloud resources
- Using and accessing the Cloud from desktop and mobile devices
- Security in the Cloud and Identity Management
- Building local Cloud networks
- Supporting the use of the Cloud with VPN access, scripting languages and data back-up
- Understand the business case (costs & benefits) of Cloud computing
- How to evaluate the performance of your Cloud implementation
After completing this course, you will be able to (in relation to Cloud Computing):
- Identify essential elements
- Describe the pros and cons
- Understand the business case for going to the cloud
- Describe how to build a cloud network
- Understand virtualization architecture
- Describe security and privacy issues
- Understand federation and presence
- Describe cloud computing standards and best practices
- Describe how mobile devices can be used in the cloud
This course is presented by an experienced trainer in a class-room format and includes relevant workshop exercise and discussion sessions. Full course materials will be provided to all delegates.